THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    what will they think of next--lighted nocks

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what will they think of next--lighted nocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I'm sure you have all seen these but they're new to me!! Those new led lighted arrow nocks are pretty coooool. They would sure help to find arrows in the thick stuff. And I suppose they would help to pinpoint where you shot an animal as it runs away. The only thing that worries me a little would be shooting one, missing an animal and then having it spook off any other animals that might happen by as it sits in the grass glowing away. Has anybody used these and what are your opinions??

the chef

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Burt Coyote's Luminocks are pretty cool.

They work like tracers when you shoot them at low light. Fun practice Smiler

Some folks worry about the extra weight. Maybe it makes a difference if your shooting dots. You're not gonna miss an animal because of them.

As far as the glow and scare routine. Don't know. Usually I make certain it was a miss by inspecting the arrow after the shot so waiting for another opportunity isn't an option.

Point is I have been surprised more than once by inspecting an arrow I thought I missed with to find it covered with blood.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
those glow knocks have been around for a while. my dad got a couple back around 94 when we were getting ready for an outdoor 3d night shoot. they are pretty cool, and definately helps you to see where you shot.
he never tried them on anything breathing, and i don't know how much it would help you see where on the animal the arrow struck, but it would definately make for a cool video in slow-mo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got an arrow hooked up with one in my hunting closet. Been there 20yrs now I guess.

Why they are only a novelty.

The weight of the battery and light throw the foc way off and arrows so equipped will not shoot with regular nocked arrows. This means to hunt with them, you need a quiver full and that gets costly.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote