New
Find
Notify
Tools

A thought shared..........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This Sunday past I sat and watched a documentary called “Be The Creature†– it was about the Komodo Dragon. The Komodo hunts by means of inflicting a wound upon an animal and the bacteria in its mouth causes the wound to get infected and the proliferation of this bacteria then causes the eventual and painful death of the animal, days or sometimes weeks later. The Komodo’s then feed on this carcass. There was a scene where a Water Buffalo had been bitten on the testicles and hindquarter by a Komodo and was in a state of pain and delirium, standing by the water, obviously dying but a death that would still take a while – a very painful and lingering death for sure. The presenters said that this had happened a while ago and explained the process that was causing the buffalo’s slow and inevitable death. They then moved on to look for Komodo’s where the prey animal had already died and where the Komodo’s were already feeding on it leaving the Water Buffalo to its fate in the name of "nature taking its course."

I wondered how many anti hunters were watching this program as well – I would have shot this buffalo, not left it to die in this way. I also thought to myself how much more humane the death by arrow would have been tahn the death by Komodo? Nature is infinitely more cruel that man can ever be – admittedly nature has no conscience…………

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my time comes I'd like to go as quickly as an animal shot through the lungs with a nice sharp broadhead.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang straight- Death by arrow beats the hell out of death by mother nature.Most natural deaths are the result of starvation, infection,death during birthing, or being eaten by another creature,often while still alive and struggling.

As for me ,I hope to die like my grandfather who went peacefully in his sleep.Not like the other three passengers in his car who went screaming and crying!LOL Eeker

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote