THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Crossbow mount vid suggestions

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossbow mount vid suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted
Looking for recommendations of a light video camera that I could mount to the scope of my crossbow and get decent footage out to 50 yards or so.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lightest video system that I can think of that would mount on a crossbow would be the GoPro Hero camera.

I used one for "B Roll" shots when I was producing my television show and it makes great video although the audio on my system is lacking somewhat.

AND, it shoots in High Definition...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Just got the gopro hero 3 delivered today. Order crossbow mount from captureyourhunt. All installed - now just waiting for chance to try it out. Footprint is fairly small compared to others I looked at and weight add is neglible

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update ater some time in the field with it - although not bad for weight and video quality, it lacks a zoom feature which would make it 100% better. Good to almost 30 yards in my opinion. After that, forget any kind of detail or looks. Suggest something else for the price paid until they can add a zoom feature.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE