THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Alabama opening day of bow season

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alabama opening day of bow season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello the Campfire:
Another Bow season has come and gone here in the centeral woodlands of darkest Alabama. I was in the woods most of the weekend, which is to me great, seeing how long my cardiac re-hab is taking. I was proud just to be able to put arrows in a pie plate a couple of months ago and to actually get in the woods and get on a stand was almost as good as having grandchildren. My 2 year old grandson was in camp with me all weekend, his first hunting trip.

OK, so I did not see any white tails, but my son got his first with a bow. A nice little button buck. Very tender.

I won't say that not getting a shot does not mean anything to me, but being alive, a cool October weekend and a beutiful sunrise, and the people you love close to you is all anyone can ask for. The rest is gravey on the grits.

Good hunting to all, and please be safe.
Bill Brower

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeSharpe:
Hello the Campfire:
Another Bow season has come and gone here in the centeral woodlands of darkest Alabama. I was in the woods most of the weekend, which is to me great, seeing how long my cardiac re-hab is taking. I was proud just to be able to put arrows in a pie plate a couple of months ago and to actually get in the woods and get on a stand was almost as good as having grandchildren. My 2 year old grandson was in camp with me all weekend, his first hunting trip.

OK, so I did not see any white tails, but my son got his first with a bow. A nice little button buck. Very tender.

I won't say that not getting a shot does not mean anything to me, but being alive, a cool October weekend and a beutiful sunrise, and the people you love close to you is all anyone can ask for. The rest is gravey on the grits.

Good hunting to all, and please be safe.
Bill Brower

cheers

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine season.

You are gonna have to stick around to teach that grandson all the tricks you forgot to teach your son!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote