THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    anyone shot the new bowtechs?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone shot the new bowtechs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
just wondering if anyone has gotten out to play with the new carbon overdrive, or the rpm360. i have the destroyer 340 from 2010 with 2011 cams... i love my bow, but every now and then the new bow bug bites and i'm trying hard to avoid it.

the center pivot bows that i have shot have been exceptionally free of hand shock, but i would imagine the draw cycle of the 360 to be a bear. although i find my 340 to be very smooth, and its a 'speed' bow.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I tried the RPM earlier this week. I am normally a big fan of Bowtech but I have to say that I was not impressed. It was big, heavy and while the draw was smooth, it was also very aggressive. If I had a destroyer/experience/insanity, I would stick with that. I did not even try the carbon offerings, couldn't stand the grip. I didnt know it was possible to make a grip worse than a Matthews.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted Hide Post
Shot an RPM last week and damn- was that thing fast! The draw to me was very rough compared to the Hoyt Faktor I shot along with it. I also was just imagining the myriad of crap I'd pick up in those enormous cams while stalking through the woods! They'd build their own ghillie suit!

-John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the Destroyer 340 with 2011 cams and I am very happy with it.
I see no reason to buy any of the new models.

The only other bow I want to buy is the Insanity CPXL and I wish they will make a new model of it with a carbon riser.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what's not to like with the new Bowtechs. I just set up an RPM 360, and shot it tonight to begin pre-season practice. At 70 lbs, yes, the draw is heavy, but it's completely even from front to back...no humps or hard spots. For a speedbow, I find it exceptionally quiet and dead-in-hand. After 13 shots I was keeping a 6-arrow group inside 2" at 35 yards...not bad to start.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
The RPM 360 is agresive during the draw cycle.

Its a bit heavier than my 2010 350 Destroyer ...

But oh boy does it shoot...

465gr arrows at 310fps at 43 yards...

Its a shooter in my books.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I found the same.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i messed around and shot the rpm and the experience.

at my draw (30"), the rpm was just too much at the peak for me to feel comfortable with on a cold morning sitting in a treestand, all twisted around and trying to draw it smoothly. i played around with a buddy's RPM bow at 28", and i didnt feel that sharp peak like i did at 30".

the experience i found extremely smooth, shoots well, and has very little hand shock and vibration. if i could take the rpm riser and the experience limbs/cams, i think its' the perfect bow.

then i went back to the shop with my D340 and shot my bow compared to the rpm and experience. i ended up going home with the experience.

and here's why. Bowtech no longer makes the D340, or any limbs, and if i have problems, they will not fix my bow. they will offer me a new bow (one of the cheaper ones) or a trade up to the newest bow for $300. This was according to the shop.

i love my D340, but i have a lot of limb flaking from hunting. this doesnt bother me, however, if i ever get a deeper gouge in the limbs i wouldnt really be able to tell, and if my limb fails, i do not want to be stuck mid season with a busted bow trying to learn a new one. also, the experience was not on the list of 'upgrade' bows. so, due to that, i went with the expereince. it shoots 4 fps slower than my d340 as its currently set up, but is scary quiet, very dead in the hand, and shoots great. tunes great, i love the bow. i can also use less weight on my stabilizer and it balances perfectly.

i'm probably going to keep the d340 as my backup bow, i love it so much its going to be hard to get rid of. so looks like it'll be the Experience in '15 in RSA!

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The accuracy is impressive .How about fast shots ??
The photo shows that finally there's something uglier than a warthog ! 2020
I'm not an archer so I can only compare to my M29 !