Find
Notify
Tools

Mathews Z7
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
A few months ago I stopped by the Bow shop to test a Monster and Reezen. Didnt care for the Monster, the Reezen was nice but not enough difference to trade my Drenalin. Stopped in yesterday for a few minutes and shot 2 arrows through the Z7. After the first draw and release I felt I could have happily traded my Drenalin and not looked back! After the holidays I plan to go back for more testing! Im a novice archer at best so it would be interesting what the experts on AR have to say about the Z7. Happy & safe holidays everyone!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't get the Z6, but I did just buy a Z7, it shoots very nice, a little top heavy in my opinion, but I think I will like this bow. It sure looked like it was fast too. I will chrony it soon. But it is sure a nice bow, but so is the Drenalin.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Monster ordered. The higher brace height makes it a lot nicer to shoot, and more accurate for most of us.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Correction! Z7! Stopped by the bow shop again to play with the Z7 and left with a Mission Menece for my wife. Did shoot the Z7 some more, I will own one soon!

Rich, did you get the Z7 or the Monster 7.0?

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Z7 is a smoother Reezen.....and maybe a touch slower...but not much. That's my take.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Monster.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mississippian,

just had an hour or so today to start bare arrow paper tuning. The next two months here are going to be hectic. Calving season, getting the two Double Rifles load work up, getting ready for SA, just nutsy at the place.
I probably won't do much until about May 1st. I'll be home a week from SA and back on USA time and food, and get after it.

Rich