THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Deer in Oregon are walking around with arrows stuck in them.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer in Oregon are walking around with arrows stuck in them.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.078b4cdc3186

Link has article and photos of the deer.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess that's why I'm not a bow hunter, way too easy to maim and cripple, compared to a rifle.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not really. put a sharp head in the right spot and they don't go far, same as a rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Guess that's why I'm not a bow hunter, way too easy to maim and cripple, compared to a rifle.

Grizz

My guess it is not a hunter the arrows has field points on them not broad heads.

I wonder how they would enforce the law quoted

The reward was initially $500 through the state’s Turn in Poachers program, which pays for information in cases involving “illegal possession, killing, taking, and/or waste” of certain animals in the state, including bighorn sheep, moose, antelope, bears and game birds

The deer were not killed, taken, wasted or possessed.

A hunting out of season would seem more appropriate.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Actually most state statistics say that game animals are wounded at about the same rate from either bows or guns. Arrows are easy to see, bullets not so much.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote