Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Gold Tip?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone ever shot the different Gold Tip models for comparison? Most of the posts I read just say,"I shoot Gold Tips". That's like saying I drive a Ford. There are F350s and then there are Thunderbirds. I was told by a pro shop that I would probably never see a difference in the Expedition Hunter vs. the XT Hunter vs. the Pro Hunter. I know the specs show a moderate difference...But what about actual shooting and group size with fixed broadheads. Any hands-on experience out there??
308XP

Posts: 32 | Location: GA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I shoot expandables mostly so I can't really help you w/ broad head flight and these arrows.

I have shot the XTs and the ULs both 400s.

They fly good and seem to be durable. I like the way the 55/75 XTs shoot better than I liked the 400ULs but, that I believe was due to weight.

A good friend shoots the expeditions hunters and he can group them very well. To answer your question, I don't think you will be able to tell any difference in the way each diff shaft performs btn. XTs, ExpHs, ProHs. as long as each is properly spined.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the expeditions, XT'S, and the prohunters are all the same. they are just graded differently to closer specifications.

posted Hide Post
I shoot the expedition hunters and think they shoot very well. Ive used them with muzzy 3-blade 100gr. an stinger 4-blade 100gr. bradheads and they grouped really good.

Posts: 25 | Location: Arizona, USA | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote