New
Find
Notify
Tools

cams shifting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A while ago, somebody suggested to mark the position of the cams on the bow, so they could be put back to their original position...

Well, I did, and the upper cam rotated about 180 degrees....

I just forgot completely the significance of this all... do I need to worry?

(did some practicing in MT, putting up a target in the trees, "stalking" it, and shooting from all angles, including steep up and down. Good stuff! Showed me that the dreadful miss on the mule buck last year was at least partly due to misjudging of distance)

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Marking the cam only applies to the actual cam of the bow meaning if it's a "One Cam" bow you only mark the cam not the idler wheel. ANd on two cam bows you mark both. It sounds to me like you marked the idler wheel and it turned on you. Perfectly normal, it's round and it will not hurt anything if it turns some. Jsut worry w/ the bottom cam.

If it's a 2 cam bow and the top cam moved 180 degrees, you have serious problems and better get that thing to the shop.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops, better take another look. A little knowledge sometimes is worse than no knowledge at all. The bottom cam was still in the exact location as when I marked it....

Ah yes, idler wheel, sorry.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Hey Frans, no need to be sorry. Heck, we all have to ask questions to learn. When I started learning about compounds I read all sorts of info and pestered some folks I knew that were into it as well as asked questions to all the techs I talked w/. On top of that it's just been alot of trial and error and a bunch of equipment.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote