New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bow sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have moved from Michigan to Colorado and I just found out that my Pollington red dot sight isn't legal for hunting. I shoot an Oneida bow and it has been over 10 years or more since I have shot with pins and a peep. What do you gus reccommend? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Take a look at a Vital Gear single pin front sight and a Hind Sight for the rear. No peeps for me any more !!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Tropy Taker Top Pin sight. I absolutely love it. I'd also advise that you look at several different sights, and find one with smaller pins size to avoid covering too much of the target. When hunting, if you're using a peep, make sure you've got a large diameter to make sure you can make a shot in low light conditions.

gd

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the cobra ultraslide. Personally, I prefer the one pin with the distance setting slide as opposed to eight pins.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
IMO there are many great pin sites on the market today.

Just go to your local store and see which features you like. I personally like Tru Glo's lighted series of sites(the all metal sites). I do find the light to be alittle overpowering on some so I usually place some tape over the LED to partially block the light. FO pick up great on the smallest amount of light.

I find the tiny target style FO pins are terrible in low light. I like larger FO pins for hunting.

Tritium is nice if you don't want to mess with an LED w/ a switch.

Also, get the largest peep you can find. The larger the peep the better the low light performance.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I used to shoot pins, or I shoud say 1 pin and a peep. That was years ago when we had to drill our peeps out because they just weren't big enough. I think I will go try a couple this weekend.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote