Find
Notify
Tools

Luminock Arrows
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted
has anyone used the luminock arrows? iI have used lumincks before and they were pretty reliable. Whats the adventage/disadvantage?

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I used them in Africa. In low light conditions you can CLEARLY see where the arrow enters. One evening at last light a Big Black Wildebeest came in and stopped quartered away. I ranged him at 27 yards, drew my Bow and took the shot. I saw the arrow enter dead center behind the shoulder and skip across the ground when it exited.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
I hunt with lighted knocks. Luminocks were not very reliable.

I would recommend to hunt every time with a lighted knock.

It assist with confirmation of shot placement even during mid day.

If you are videoing your hunt you will also see the arrow a lot better on video.

The little extra weight the lighted knock add to the back of the arrow has no influence on arrow flight or causing you to adjust your sights...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I have switched from luminocks to TRACER nocks. They are much more reliable and activate easier, passing a small magnet to turn them on. Check them out, you will like them.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I use Fire Nocks, they work great.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentT:
I have switched from luminocks to TRACER nocks. They are much more reliable and activate easier, passing a small magnet to turn them on. Check them out, you will like them.

+ 1 ...

They work every time...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would never hunt w/o them. You can see your shot, so you know if it was a solid hit or not. You can find your arrows! (go back after dark and they show up like crazy) and if the arrow is in the animal they help you find them. I have also used them to mark a blood trail! turn them on and stick the arrow in the ground! As for Luminock, My buds have tried the others, but they have ALL had problems and come back. Good Luck!

Posts: 11 | Location: Central California | Registered: 05 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nalgi;

They look great when video taping your hunt too.

Regards, D. Nelson