THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Be aware that grizzlies may be stalking you following a kill.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be aware that grizzlies may be stalking you following a kill.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was interesting. I've always thought they were keying on gunshots, but to know they're actively tailing other hunters is just a bit spooky!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jetboater
posted Hide Post
Thats why the 45-70 is required equipment when bow hunting in Western Alberta, it is to the point you run into bears every day when out hunting.

Posts: 99 | Location: SW Alberta, up against the rocks | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From now on, when I'm bow hunting in bear country, I'm carrying my 500 S&W. I just hope I can draw and shoot quick enough to save my life. AIU

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess I always mistrust studies, usually they are more about funding than resarch. Big Grin How do the bears differentiate between hunters and other back country travelers ? No reason not to be careful though.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote