THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Oops typo! Should read 1.5" to 2.0" groups!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Oops typo! Should read 1.5" to 2.0" groups!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are you sure that you don't mean about 345 fps and not as fast as a .22 long rifle?

Seems pretty fast to me.

Posts: 361 | Location: Valdez, AK (aka Heaven) | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
I finally hunted Saturday with the crossbow I bought over a year ago. I crept through the fog across a hayfield and into a small woods and climbed into my ladder stand very early. It was in a favorite spot I've used with a gun. By 7:30 the fog thinned a little and woods were full of squirrels. About 8:30 I tried to slip a bag of peanuts quietly from my pack. I rustled the bag a bit and doe and a yearling stood up in the brush about 30 yards out and began to walk across my front. They were upwind of me and hadn't know I was there. I shot the doe through the chest and she ran into the fog. I was cautious and waited an hour to track her. No problem. She only had only gone 25 yrd.s. She weighed 92 lb.s field dressed. In VA the season started Sat and in MD crossbow season runs into January! I could get into this.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
more details!! what kind of bow were you using? how many lbs. pull? i'm thinking really strongly about making a crossbow my next projectile launching platform...i'm looking at a composit commando style 120 lb. cross bow.....