THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: So, if you spook some deer....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: So, if you spook some deer....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just pretend your an archery nut!

But if your on the ground and make a noise in the woods, do a few turkey clucks. The deer associate the two and often deer and turkeys forage together.

Posts: 361 | Location: Valdez, AK (aka Heaven) | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
like, if they noticed you up in your tree stand and got scared.... does that ruin the stand? Will they always look up there every time they come along the trail? I was just wondering, in case that ever happens.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only the deer that you scared will remember. There are many more that do not know you are there.
I had that problem once and everytime the doe came down the trail, she would turn and walk to the next trail until she passed me and then return to the original trail again. I put a stand on the second trail, put a dummy in the first stand and arrowed her as she walked by me.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote