THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    What broadhead for super slim carbon arrrows?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What broadhead for super slim carbon arrrows?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So, I had been thinking about trying those super slim Easton axis arrows, bought a couple(have not shot em yet), and was wondering, what do I load up on the front of this thing? Let's say one concern I have is practicing with broadheads that have a shaft thicker than the arrow, talk about a pain in the butt removing arrows from the target. I do know that adapter rings do exist, I have never tried em. Comments?

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Mine go through every target I own, so I can either pull them on through (if the fletches are buried) or unscrew the head.

Sorry, no help. Let me know what you do, though.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting Axis 400's for awhile now. I shoot only field tips on them. I still prefer my fatter Gold Tips for broadheads. They shoot the same as the GT's. GT's are cheaper but I got the Axis off of a friend for a real good deal. Doubt that I buy anymore.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had considered chucking the BH shaft up in a dremel or drill press and hit the thickest part of the shaft with a piece of sandpaper. Just enough to get it even with the arrow. It would be even better if I could chuck it up in a lathe, but I dont own one. I doubt that I would remove enough material to upset the balance. I guess I could buy some extra shafts, experiment and shoot em. I do need to take my arrows back, they glued the inserts in wrong, my field tips do not bottom out on the arrowshaft.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote