THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Which bow are you using these days?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which bow are you using these days?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Crossbow did not agree with me, so I found an old favorite, a 2008 Diamond Black Ice in nearly new condition. So darned smooth.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should update a bit more often but my 2006 Mark-X PSE seems to keep on killing. Lastly was a B&C/P&Y Shiras moose a couple years ago and I'm hoping to repeat the success on a Wyoming LQ elk this year.
I shot it well in Africa also...except for that damn diker that was way fast!

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Update to this thread- I ended up getting the Heli-M from my friend over a year after making this thread...it is a lot quieter than my Drenalin. I now have 2....you need a back-up bow - right? Wink

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bowtech realm with an HHA sight. Love it so glad I upgraded. Expensive but I think its worth the $1100

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Like many I upgrade every 3-4 yrs.. Currently using a Mathews Halon. My son likes it because he gets my hand-me-down bow.. So he is shooting my old Heli-M now...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my last bow for years and years a Mathews Z-Max decided last year to upgrade now I have a Mathews Triax a very nice bow indeed

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Upgraded this year to a bowtech realm SS. Had been shooting a bowtech destroyer 350. The 350 is a great bow but wanted to upgrade for a Wyoming elk hunt this Sept.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Matthews Z7 still taking care of business for me.

Posts: 255 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I went from a PSE Beast to a Killer Instinct Swat XP and absolutely love it. Beast setup is for sale if anyone is interested.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Currently shooting a Mathews VXR 28" at 75Lb, 29" DL.
Shooting 505gr total weight arrows.

Quite enjoying the setup.

Went for a walk during the off season, and got this pleasant surprise. Got this Sable bull on walk and stalk.

Sable Bow Hunt

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2 Nice sable! Two friends of mine both shot sable this past week with Charl van Rooyen and Infinito Safaris with their Mathews V3's. One also shot Roan and Tsessebe as well.

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
tu2 Nice sable! Two friends of mine both shot sable this past week with Charl van Rooyen and Infinito Safaris with their Mathews V3's. One also shot Roan and Tsessebe as well.

Thank you. This one was targeted after seeing that he had lost some conditioning due to the dry conditions.
His body was tiny compared to a healthy bull.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote