THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Feral Swine Population Growth

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feral Swine Population Growth
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, think of the impact in the natural species.

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
the one good thing about it in Texas is-
there is no season on feral hogs
we can hunt them 365days/24/7
with bows,guns,spears,knives,dogs,traps,etc...
you don't even need a hunting license if it's on private property
feral hog genocide.....

bowhunting feral hogs at night is THE most fun bowhunting I have ever done. That's why I have the glow-in-the-dark sight gap marks on the back of my recurve.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maps look like the ones I saw from ICE on illegal Mexican immigrants...except they are spreading faster!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yet some outfitters still charge stupid amounts of money to help clean up their deer hunting lease of the swine population.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer:
yet some outfitters still charge stupid amounts of money to help clean up their deer hunting lease of the swine population.

It really rediculous at it?

On another board last year a guy comes on the hog forum slamming the hog hunters because ofthe ferral hog damage on this deer ground(like the hog hunter toldthe hogs to go there)

A dozen of us offered to hunt his place the next spring. He was insulted at the thought...I guess we'd ruin his place.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like some folks are misguided. Most of the ranches and outfitters down here are happy to get hog hunters out there to help thin the population down. OTOH, some of em actually maintain a population and cater to hog hunters.

Both you and I know it matters not what we are hunting for, most hunting styles do minimal damage to the wilderness. Unless you are doing controlled burning cause you are too lazy to walk through the woods to do a regular deer/pig drive.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
most Texas land owners that lease hunting rights or have day hunt rates look at the hogs as a bonanza. If they can keep the herd down to where it doesn't affect their whitetail population- it just means more hunter income off of their property- and it's all year long- and usually at night- they love it.
It's gotten really hard to find a "Free" hog hunt in Texas- it's become big business!

one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
The Missouri Dept of conservation has wanted hunters to kill every hog they see. There is no season or limits here either. I've had bait out in several supposed hog areas and have never even seen one. Most guys kill them sort of like a bonus while deer hunting.

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote