Find
Notify
Tools

Three African Bowkills
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted
Posted these pictures in the African forum but I'm sure bowhunters will appreciate them here too.

These were taken at Adansonia Aug 2006.

Duiker

Impala

Kudu

I was using Montec G5s mostly but took the Impala with a Rocket Sidewinder. Redhead carbon furies shot from a Bowtech Extreme Solo.

It was a blast. I filed a report if anyone's interested.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very well done, impala are so skittish! What were your shot distances on these animals?

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
The impala was by far the longest shot at 32yds. And your right, impala are definately a twitchy critter. The rocket sidewinder went in his left shoulder and broke his right hind leg. It made a BIG hole. He didn't go too far.

The duiker was 16yds.

The Kudu was a heartstopping 12YARDS!! He came in from our blind side right on top of us. I didn't even have time to stand up and had to shoot him from a sitting position. Good thing I had practiced that shot. Louis had me take my bow off the hanger when we saw the first cow. If I hadn't I never would have got a shot off. This bull knew something was up and I got the shot off just before he bolted.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote