THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Home Practice Archery Range

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Home Practice Archery Range
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
..thought I'd bump this back to the top...

time to start practicing hard for hunting season...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Captain, that's a nice Lee recurve. I've had several different bows over the years, gave my Lee to a dear friend, wish I'd given him one of my Widows instead--but he really liked my Lee. It is definitely good to shoot from some elevation if your gonna hunt from a stand, I think it's a must. I never shot a recurve anyway but instinctive, always had sights on my compounds. Depending on the stand I was hunting as to whether or not I shot my recurve or compound, or smoke pole--but always (as you said) put in my time on the practice butt with my sticks and strings to have confidence in the ranges I would be shooting. Good Shooting!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Capt, I have to tell you that you deserve a pat on the back for teaching youngsters archery. I like your setup. I also like your bow. Bob Lee always made the very best and back years ago I would buy nothing but Wing bows. How the years have flown by, seems like yesterday that I was hunting with the Wing Presentation II. I remember every shot with it. Most accurate recurve I ever had. Killed a pile of deer with it.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote