THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Deer Hunting Luck,...so far

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Deer Hunting Luck,...so far
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Naw Derf, i ain't about to give up. It just might be a little...okay... a LOT, harder than expected. It took me all summer but i finally shot a crow with my air rifle. And i thought THAT was hard, because an air rifle doesn't have much range, you have to get pretty close. It's actually easier to get close to a deer than it is to a crow, but then you got the problem of having to draw back the bow without them seeing the movement.

And, BRF shooter, congratulations on shooting all those deer. That would be quite an accomplishment. Until someone tries bow hunting, they really can't know the skill that is required. You got my respect.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
has been lousy. The wind was blowing all over the place Saturday, and neither me nor my husband saw anything stirring.

Went squirrel hunting today, and they weren't out either.

But i was doing some target shooting and the wind doesn't seem to affect the arrows that much. Have been shooting a few from the sitting position. A few, because it's harder and after about 6 or 7 i switch back and do a few standing.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats the ticket Penny, don't give up or back off. A lot of the hunters from other sites have not been seeing all that many deer either. In a lot of areas the deer are just now starting to get excited. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went out yesterday and seen 6 deer. A button buck was perfectly broadside at 8 yds but I let him walk. Tasty, but I will shoot a doe instead. We have a lot of deer and they need trimmed down. I am a meat hunter and if I shoot a buck I will give it away. I don't like buck meat at all. You can boil those horns for hours and still can't eat them. After way over 350 deer kills and many, many bucks, I can tell you it is much harder to shoot a doe then a buck with the bow. Trophy hunting just never interested me because if it doesn't eat good it should not be killed. Sort of like trying to eat an old chicken after it quits laying eggs. Tough as shoe leather. Same with an old milk cow!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote