THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Puzzling Bolt Weight Question Need Help!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Puzzling Bolt Weight Question Need Help!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok guys here is the situation. I have a Barnett Ranger straight prod Crossbow 150# 16 inch bolts. Bolts weights recommended are 2216 which came with the bow 2117's can be shot also as they are the same grain weight as the 2216's or I can shoot 2219's. All three are reccomended for this bow by Barnett. I have a 4 x scope sighted in for 20 yards at 30 yards I shoot 3" high to hit the bull with the 2216 or 2217's. Ok here is what is confuseing me. If I switch to 2219's using the same field tips I have to shoot at least 6 to 8 inches low of the bull ( 4 inch circle) and it will shoot a inch or so high of the bull? So why do this weight shoot so much higher? I am not complaining as I can use 2 diff weights for different distances. Nocks are straight ones on the 2216's and 2117s and the 2219's had moon nocks but I cannot see what differnce that would make. I lost one bolt tonite practicing as I shot normal forgot they shoot high and shot over the target! Any ideas why the 2219's shoot so much higher? Jim

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote