Notify
Tools

Big Kudu with Bow
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
Folks,

I recently acquired exclusive hunting rights to a 5,000 acre exclusive bow hunting ranch between Vaalwater and Lephalale in RSA's Limpopo Province. This ranch hasn't been hunted for the last 3 years during which time the owner was setting it up for bow hunting.

Mid August this year I took my client Karen Seginak from North Dakota there to hunt her first African game animal(s). The wind was messing us around for the first 2 days and even though we had big kudu coming in at 30 yards we couldn't get a shot at one under her self-imposed limit of 20 yards.

On our 3rd morning in the blind after sitting for only about 20 minutes the bull below came in and gave her a broadside shot at 25 yards. She made a perfect shot - straight through his heart, the bull ran for 50 yards and went down while we were watching him...

Measured 59" on the longer horn.

What a great initiation to African hunting!

Karen also got a decent Blue Wildebeest and Impala later during her hunt.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! When I hunted the Limpopo, that was one animal that I really wanted, but never even saw a small one!

I should have decided that I wanted an eland, cuz I saw a couple tons of those....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnificent animal!
JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice congratulations.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now that bull has some character. Your huntress should be very happy with that!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Here is a short video of the hunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=em-upload_owner

Enjoy!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Well done! What a beautiful animal. I like how you captured the hunters thought in the moments after the shot. I did that with my wife after she shot her first animal with a bow. It was a warthog. I never get tired of watching her in that video.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's a bull to be proud of! Congratulations to Karen for waiting for her shot.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Not sure I could have the nerves to wait that long before shooting.
A magnificent bull!!!!!!!!

And a wonderful human experience, thanks for sharing

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote