THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Warm weather charcoal clothing?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warm weather charcoal clothing?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted
I'm going to hunt with a crossbow for the first time this October. It will be my first archery hunting in @35 yr.s. Something occured to me getting my gear out and packed. I've only had about 5 down-wind shots with a gun out of 60+ kills. Two of them were last year using the Scent-lock so I'm sold on the concept but...It's going to still be pretty warm here on 2 October and the Scent-lock liners I was so pleased with last season will be way too warm to wear. Do you warm weather hunters use something like Scent-lock when in the heat? What about the stuff with silver woven in? Any recommendations?

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Not trying to start anything BUT......... Lets call a spade a spade and say you are hunting with a cross bow and NOT "archery" hunting with a cross bow.....
I use Contain brand clothing. Its a light weight, Coolmax material that works as well as the heavy carbon cloths. New on the market is Xscent, that is also lighter weight. The Contain comes in camo, so you can wear it by its self.
Nice stuff.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Thanks bo-n-aro,
I saw the contain in the Calela's catalog but didn't want to spend the money unless I could get input from someone who'd tried it.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What about the stuff with silver woven in?

Thought all that scent block stuff was wove out of gold from the prices of it. I'm just going to use the scent eliminator kit i got at Walmart and try to stay upwind. I read they can smell you by your very breath, and mouthwash only makes it worse. It might be good to take a little bottle of baking soda and water mixed up and rinse your mouth periodically, because baking soda neutralizes odors.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote