New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheetah vs. bengal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been thinking about getting back into archery recently and have decided to go with a Martin and am even lucky enough to have a dealer in my home town. I've narrowed my coices down to either a cheetah or Bengal. I've shot dad's Cheetah and really liked it. What do you guy recommend? Thanks.

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
Picture of xm15e2m4
posted Hide Post
The cheetah is lighter and shorter if compact size is an issue. From what I hear performance is about the same. I think the bengal has won a best buy award though. They are both similar to my 07' Cougar, with the exeption of the adjustable draw stops. Check out the draw lenth range in case you are on the long\short side of the spectrum (there is an inch difference between them). They are both available in complete packages (sights, target, case ect.) at a good price.

I follow Rule #62.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 21 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was getting worried that no one would reply. Theyt're probabvly worriedc it will turn into a pissing match. Draw length is a factor I'm way on the short end of the spectrum. By the way what is rule#62?

7mm. guy

One of Us
Picture of xm15e2m4
posted Hide Post
It's a saying in a fellowship I belong to.

Rule #62- DON'T TAKE YOURSELF TOO DAMN SERIOUS!

I follow Rule #62.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 21 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i don't own a martin, so i can't really give you an opinion on those 2 bows, but like most all advice i've seen on bows, go shoot as many as you can and pick the one that fits you the best. i hear good things about martin bows, so you probably can't go wrong with one. then practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Martin makes a fine bow the Bengal is nice and for the price one can't complain! Lots of people say Martin has probably one of the best customer service in the Archery buiseness!!! Shoot as many bows as you can different makes and models and go from there... Also do not get caught up in the speed thing as well... Easy for me to say since I have 82nd Airborne..

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I decided to go with the cheetah. Am kind of limiterd due to my sshort draw length; also has to clear my wheel chair wheels. Thanks for all the input.

7mm. guy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Leopard is a fine Bow as well, very light and accurate.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote