THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bow sight focus. On the pin or target?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bow sight focus. On the pin or target?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do you focus on the pin like the front sight on a gun or the target?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All pin sights are not created equal and how you focus/use them can depend on your use:

There are straight pin sights and there are ring sights w/ pins.

One method is to focus on the straight pin like a gun sight, which is what I'd do for maximum accuracy at hunting distances if using the pin as a sight.

A second method is using the pin as a standoff where you focus on the target. At long target archery distances it can be difficult to handle the large wobble area created when focusing on the pin like a gun sight. Many Olympic shooters as an example use a ring sight instead. If the ringsight includes a pin, it is often used as a stand off where you focus on the target vs a sight where you focus on the pin. I believe most Olympic archers are coached this way.

I personally cannot see how someone would have difficulty w/ the wobble area if you focus on a pin sight at normal hunting distances. But, I personally shoot barebow.

GVA