Tools

New invention
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
Here is something that all the trad archers will love. Big Grin

http://www.air-rest.com/home.htm

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look too practical having to feed arrows through the front of the rest.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is something that all the trad archers will love
The stick and stringers won't care as much as you think; their pursuit of purity is so intense they are always in need of a good laugh. But I bet the velocity-is-everything boys will have palpitations and the vapors at the thought of installing a 50 grain "rare earth" magnet insert in their light-as-thought arrows. Why if a fella wasn't careful he might push his total arrow weight over 200 grains! Eeek!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it sure looks more complicated than my little piece of carpet!! Th ej fellers who use whisker biscits will probably love this one though. Just think how quiet it would be though, you'd never hear the arrow while drawing.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
The arrow will make a lot of noise while drawing. It doesn't pop to center until full draw is reached and has to be adjusted just right. If you creep, it falls.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my recurve, shooting off the shelf

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't the fall-away arrow rests do basically the same thing?

Wouldn't the tuning be thrown off by some of the Earth's magnetic fields? Especially where they are strong enough to distort compass readings.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The fall away rests stay up until the shot is fired. In fact, my new Trapdoor wasn't falling fast enough and I was getting vane contact. I had to change a spring in it.
Those that pull up as you draw might drop a little with creep but if bungee is used instead of string, it will work fine.
The Trapdoor and the Ultra Rest will stay up even when you let the bow down.
I don't like the idea of a rest so critical that some shooting positions while hunting can cause a miss.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting but just another techno toy. Glad I shoot longbows off the shelf...

one of us
posted Hide Post
This post brings up the question: How on earth does the whisker bisquit shoot worth a crap?

Posts: 109 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of mg66
posted Hide Post
My local pro showed me one of these air rests he had setup on a bow and found them to not be as accurate and small movements and wind also caused problems. Principle is a great concept. Also adds extra grains to arrow having the steel insert.

I use a Muzzy Zero Effect and had 3 trouble free seasons not to mention all year round practise. Because it attached to the strings via mechanical linkage, so hitting vanes can never be a problem. It is virtually impossible for arrow not to be on rest unless perhaps you shoot your bow upside down Wink

http://www.bghi.us
Bow and Gun Hunting Illinois

"Every deer you legally take with a bow is a trophy"

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definitely looks like a new techno do-dad. IMHO, just one more "important" piece that can break while in field.

Using any kind of powerful magnet could quite possibly cause interferance/ problems with ones compass. (not good)

Personally, I'll stick with my little leather shelf, or shooting off my hand.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote