THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Anyone have a used compound for my son (15)?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a used compound for my son (15)?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's time for my boy to pick up a decent bow. His draw is 26-27" at this point and he is growing. He has saved some dough and I thought this would be a decent place to see if anyone has anything they were going to sell.

Email me off the profile please. We are in Central OH.

Thanks in advance,

Tim & Ellis

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check Craig list daily sporting goods I see lots of good deals on older great hunting bows

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
check out the classifieds at archerytalk.com you'll find hundreds of bows.

if he's still growing, there are a number of bows out now that offer a good range of draw lenght adjustment, i would get one of those instead of a bow that you have to change cams or draw mods to change the length.

many bows now also offer quite a bit of draw weight adjustment, which can also be helpful, depending on how much he can pull now. i would guess if he's been shooting, a 50-60# would work fine, and maybe he's stout enough to get a 60-70# if thats what he wants.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If he was a bit older, I could help out. I always shoot 70lbs, but they can be turned down to 60, but draw length usually involves a change of cams. .

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try a local bow shop. The one I frequent has dozens of used bows from $100 or so to much more.
And in doing this you will have a bow that fits him.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We ended up with a Mission Riot. Very adjustable and it's new!

Thanks all. He loves it.

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
great choice!!!! Always better to buy new than take a chance on a used bow.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan Pozzi junior aka IKY used a BEAR ODDISEY he took many hares foxes birds and even small hogs with it .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote