New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossbow accuracy question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What kind of accuracy can be expected from a good crossbow and quality bolts at 50m?

TIA! DaMan

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot tell you in inches but I understand from others that it can be incredibly accurate. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This can be a tough question! I have played with crossbows for years and one with a groove for the arrow to ride in is very hard to tune for perfect broadhead flight. It can be done but will drive you nuts. The very best was the PSE Foxfire that used a flexible arrow rest out front instead of a full length groove. I had no problem keeping 6 straight arrows, offhand, with broadheads, in a 3" apple at 40 yds.
I would like to hear more from all of you about how the current crop of crossbows shoot broadheads. Do not talk about field points because all of them will shoot these.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eclipse, have you tried mechanicals like the Snyper or such like. I am wondering if they would launch better? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote