THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Deer Hunting Luck,...so far

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Deer Hunting Luck,...so far
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It can get boring up in the tree stand, but i am seeing real game.

Yesterday evening, i was sitting in the stand thinking i'll never see a deer. Nothing but a stupid squirrel that kept zipping around. I resisted the urge to shoot at it until it jumped about 3 feet up the side of a sapling and just hung sideways. It just stayed frozen there, so i thought, if it doesn't move when i stand up, i'm going to shoot it. So i stood up and it still didn't move, but i glimpsed a deer that had been behind me, about 20 yards away. Maybe less. So, i started to draw back the bow, but the arrow fell out, held only by the nock. Despite the noise and movement, the deer didn't run away. It wasn't too big, but i would have gladly shot it. Hell, it would have made four or five squirrels. But it was moving off and kept meandering farther away, and passing behind brush. So i held my draw for what seemed like 5 minutes, desperately hoping it would come back into range, but it never did. When i finally undrew(?) the bow, my arms were okay, but my head felt like it was gonna explode. Must have been holding my breath. Maybe give this up and take up skindiving???

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote