Find
Notify
Tools

hoyt vectrix
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of beretta96
posted
I currently have the V-tec and thinking about upgrading to the Vectix after deer hunting. Has anyone tried it?

I've read good stuff on the net about it. I will try whatever I can but being left handed, there aren't too many setup around here for me to shoot.

I currently use the whisker biscuit and have since they came out. I do like it but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some accuracy by not going to a fall away. I realize I'm just being picky, my groups are small enough to 50 yards for any big game in north america but just curious.

thanks,

Posts: 263 | Location: ontario, canada | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to other bows like Mathews, Pearson, and Bowtech so you could say I'm biased but I went to a bow shop and tried some of the hoyt bows because the guy wanted me to shoot them. It was two of the newest models but this was a few months ago. I can't remember if it was the Vetrix or not, if that was the hot new bow a few months back from hoyt, that's one of the bows I shot.

My honest review is:

They both had hand shock, they were terribly heavy, loud, springy feeling when you shoot(back to hand shock). They are not even in the same ballpark as a Mathews or Bowtech IMHO. To some, they may be the very best on the market, to me, I was unimpressed.

I do feel they are good bows, their reputation speaks for itself. They just aren't for me.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote