New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape buffalo BH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone ever use any of the silver flame BH on cape buffalo?
I am thinking of the 150-200 grain sizes.
Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used em on buff but I've used em for several years on deer/hogs and are the best broadhead made in my opinion. Very tough and they hold an edge forever.

I would choose them or one of the Ashby heads for buff...

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
search for and find some posts by don_g when he was testing his broadhead/arrow combination for his cape buff hunt. he went through extensive testing to get the right components. but i believe, yes, silver flames have been used on DG hunts. if it were me, and it isnt, so my opinion is worth exactly nothing, i'd get a long, slender single bevel like the ashby, strickland helix, etc...

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend the DirtNap Gear DRT HD. We have already tested them on cape buffalo with great success. All steel design with the option of either 150 or 175 grains if you add the patent pending modular weight system.

Should be up on the website soon. www.dirtnapgear.com

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote