New
Find
Notify
Tools

dogs and more dogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well every dog in the neighbourhood comes and barks at me up in my treestand. Saturday afternoon I finally had had enough....soooo I unscrewed my broadhead and drew my trusty recurve back about 10 inches (only) and whacked a black cur in the ass. Ye haw dancing you shoulda heard him yelp and seen him run!!! Now I love dogs but when I see them actually chasing the deer I'm trying to hunt, and they are packing up it's time to get mean. One big black bastard actually was hiding in a bush the other night and took a run at me. If I see him again the broadhead isn't going to come off. Anyone else have trouble with dogs in their areas??

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Steve Golden
posted Hide Post
We had a mut hanging out under the stand Saturday evening. My bud hung out the window and blew a deer grunt at him. It scared the livin shit out of him. I bet he was home on the porch in a matter of minutes.

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Boaters supply retailers sell those freon air horns. I used to cary one in an extra water-bottle cage when I rode bicycles. If a dog took chase I'd just reach down and give it a blast. The dogs couldn't retreat fast enough. If you have dog issues cary one in your pack (I'd keep the horn unscrewed from the freon can until needed though. You don't want it to toot when you draw on a buck Eeker).

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote