THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Turkey w/Osage Selfbow ....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey w/Osage Selfbow ....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of McClura
posted
Took this turkey last Sat in Central KS on a whitetail/turkey hunt with my home made Osage Selfbow, cedar arrows I make with Zwickey 2 blade head. Shot at 20 yds on the ground. Saw the flock of turkeys moving through the woods about 60 yds from my stand about the time I was getting down from my morning hunt. Stalked them for about 30 min until I could get a shot at this one. My first turkey taken with a bow. If the deer would just cooperate now.
Mike

Posts: 311 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Well - Done it's hard enough to do with a compound..With a selfbow ???...Outstanding Effort!!!!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Well Done - Congrats

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Ann - That was my LAST Compound kill....he's flyinmg acroos my wall as I type...LOL.

He we need to talk about bowhunting in Zim or Moz and getting me my cape buff. I'm finnaly shooting my 85#er after last spring's hand surgery.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike: Glad you found the Paleoplanet and liked it. Sounds like you're a natural fit. I'll e-mail about obsidian.

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote