Notify
Tools

x-bow elk
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I hope this dosen't post twice I got a 6-spike elk with
my crossbow last week i passed on him the evening before
with the rifle so I could take a crack at him the next morning with the x-bow it was about a 3hr hike back into
the draw listening to my brother telling me how dumb I
was for packing the bow and a rifle all the way in there
(prime grizzly area) any way I called him within 29 yrs
and put a bolt right in the engine room he made about a 100 yrds before he piled up it was a little awkward packing a
hide quarter all my junk and the cross bow tied on top
but it was worth it. oh yea the bow is a excaliber xomag

Posts: 102 | Location: southeast b.c. | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Claude! And I applaude you for doing it your way in spite of the opposition. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I know about the remarks you can get when you do something your way. It sure feels good to prove them wrong.

I have been made fun of for hunting 2 years with a hand gun only. One year with a 44mag one year with a 454. I got a deer both years and my friends didn't get anything with there rifles. My friend now wants to get one with a pistol but keeps taking his rifle. I told him to leave the rifle at home.

I have tried in the past with a compound bow with no luck. Due to back surgery if I am going to hunt with a bow it will have to be a Cross-Bow. I have looked at the Cross-Bows but I can�t pull back that much poundage. If I get a Cross-Bow it will have to be one with a crank built in.

Congrats on your Elk.

I have always wanted to go Elk hunting post some pics if you have them and fill us in on the details.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote