THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Issues with new Ten Point Nitro X

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with new Ten Point Nitro X
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I purchased a Ten Point Nitro X at one of the shows. It was delivered in May. I have been busier than hell and have done nothing with it. Today, I sent someone with it to the local Ten Point dealer to set it up. No big deal. At least that is what I thought.

They called me to inform me that they could not get the bow to shoot. WTF I thought. I asked for details. Yes, I heard it right. The bow would not shoot.

They called Ten Point who was quite certain they were all idiots. After collaboration with the know it alls at the factory, the bow will not shoot. Hell, they cannot even release the string.

Ten Point wants me to send it back. They are going to send me a new one.

Now I have a cocked bow to ship. Great. Talk about dangerous.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
As long as there is no arrow on the barrel and its in a box it shouldn't pose any danger to anyone. Sounds like there customer service is top notch if they are sending out a brand new bow.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A decent archery shop should have a fixture in which they could mount it to relieve the tension on the limbs as they would have to do to restring it.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any company that manufactures anything has repair shops that is why they give a warranty with the purchase. I had to return my Blazer rifle 3 times until they got the fix correct.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snyper:
A decent archery shop should have a fixture in which they could mount it to relieve the tension on the limbs as they would have to do to restring it.
Even under factory direction, they cannot relieve the tension.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On most cross bows including ten points and I have 2 have of them, they have multiple safeties one in the forearm and one near the trigger including a "no arrow (bolt) safety which will not allow the bow to be fired empty. Any one of these safeties could be malfunctioning. As said earlier any bow shop can relax the limbs so the string can be disconnected and in a pinch use one of those medium duty ratchet straps which I have used to change strings, I would not be afraid to send it but be certain to indicate that there is a tension devise inside so careful handling or better yet let ten point arrange return through omne of there dealers

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raamw:
On most cross bows including ten points and I have 2 have of them, they have multiple safeties one in the forearm and one near the trigger including a "no arrow (bolt) safety which will not allow the bow to be fired empty. Any one of these safeties could be malfunctioning. As said earlier any bow shop can relax the limbs so the string can be disconnected and in a pinch use one of those medium duty ratchet straps which I have used to change strings, I would not be afraid to send it but be certain to indicate that there is a tension devise inside so careful handling or better yet let ten point arrange return through omne of there dealers

This is my 3rd crossbow from Ten Point.

It was taken to an authorized dealer. Not by me personally. The dealer called the factory.

It has been sent back per the request of Ten Point. To date, I have not received the new crossbow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good people at Ten Point sent me a new crossbow. I shot it 3 times to zero it. I shot it 3 times skewering 3 hogs . Now the new crossbow will not shoot after a grand total of 6 shots.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Excalibur line of crossbows. Being recurves they are a less complicated design.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
That is bad luck for sure. Hope it gets sorted out for you.

I second take a look at Excaliber, one of the reasons I bought one is they are simple and no pulleys and such to make it complicated. Have had mine 10+ years now no issues, hope it remains trouble free. Easy to release it with a rope so you don't have to shoot it to unload.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue ended up being simple. It was the anti-dry firing mechanism. It was fixed in seconds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has done it again.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Time for a change? A crossbow with a bad trigger mechanism scares me.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the Barnett line of crossbows hit the stores a few years ago I got one. The trigger would not fire so I got another one and that will not fire either!

The newest one is called a "whitetail' hunter.

I may take it to a local shop where they have a archery shop or throw it in the trash that goes out Wends day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The archery shop noticed that one of the rubber bumper string stops was missing. I saw it fall on the floor in my basement, So far I can't find it. The design of this crossbow is poor. Sure enough another bumper will get lost!

If I don't find it by Monday I will tell the shop to sell it to someone who does not like guns and to keep the money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to the archery shop today. They managed to get it uncocked. However, it did the very same thing again the next try. Upon inspection, they believe it is the cocking mechanism. It does not go back far enough.

Let me put this in perspective. I spent something in excess of $2,000 for this crossbow. The first one wouldn’t shoot at all. The replacement worked for less than 10 shots.

I ain’t happy.

To be fair, none of my other two Ten Point’s have ever had any problem at all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excalibur seem to be the go.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wrote a negative review. I did make some positive comments where warranted. For example, about accuracy and speed.

First thing this morning, I got an e mail from Ten Point. I was impressed. I have provided the information requested. We will see what happens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ten Point was all over this . They spent considerable time with me trying to figure it out. In the final analysis, a single nut was loose in the crank. This made it slip and never cock properly.

I cocked it and shot it. No problem. He told me to do it 3 more times. On my next attempt, I immediately knew something was wrong. The bowstring had come off.

They are sending me a new one.

I

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a Ten Point. It has never failed like this. I am glad they are taking care of this for you.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I have a Ten Point. It has never failed like this. I am glad they are taking care of this for you.

I have two others. They have never failed me either. Something is off with this one.

I have to give them an A+ for customer service.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, it is comforting to know they are taking care of the problem. These are expensive crossbows. I am soon to grease mine up for some freezer meat here in SW Missouri very soon.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
Take a look at the Excalibur line of crossbows. Being recurves they are a less complicated design.

This. No need for all those cables and cams..

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the final analysis, the real problem was the hand crank. It has a clutch. At some point, it starts to slip. It simply needed to be tightened a bit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I headed out to one of my blinds for a deer hunt with my Ten Point. I noticed the housing on both sides of the stock covering the accudraw crank case were all loose. Fortunately I had a pocket knife with me that had a phillips head screwdriver on it.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I just hope that you didn't have to be put on hold for long. One of the limbs split on my Carbon Express and I am currently at the 2hr mark waiting for someone to answer the phone. Mad

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote