Tools

Time To Fill The Freezer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Oct 1- Archery opener here in Michigan!

Good luck!

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bet you'll be up early!

Your post made me go look at the calendar; i was thinking yesterday was Oct 1. Our bow season doesn't come in till Oct 16; which is good...i need the time to practice.

I read your hunting story over on women who hunt (?) about big trophy buck you got. They sure have big ones in Michigan! Well good luck, hope you get another one.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Ours opens tomorrow... and I know where a nice buck likes to hang out.

Now if he will just be nice enough to walk past my stand.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Our's opens today too.

I will be sittin' in a tree this evenin'.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ohio opens Saturday!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I am anxious to go out. It's hard sitting here at work! Soon, soon, soon......

We've got some cold fronts coming through for the next few days. Unusual for this time of the year so I wonder what effect it will have on the early season hunting?

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
AHA wrote:
Quote:

We've got some cold fronts coming through for the next few days. Unusual for this time of the year so I wonder what effect it will have on the early season hunting?

I love early season cold fronts. Cold fronts in early Bow season usually make the deer really get to movin'. I can't wait to see what the next few days bring.

I might slip out w/ my 22lr and take some "Tree-Rats" too, that would sure make for some good dumplings.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rat dumplings? Hmm, sounds interesting. I always thought squill were best in a crock pot.