THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: I Scored twice yesterday......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I Scored twice yesterday......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I added a picture to the orginal post.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great job, Reloader.

Wonder if the 8pt is the same one your buddy missed? don't know about LA, but 8 pts aren't that common around here to see two in the same area like that.

You did REAL good.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Plinker Wrote:
Quote:

Wonder if the 8pt is the same one your buddy missed? don't know about LA, but 8 pts aren't that common around here to see two in the same area like that.

I kind of wondered the same thing myself but, after I showed the deer to my buddy he said it definitely wasn't the one. I had a feeling it wasn't because the buck he described to me had alot wider rack. The deer I took had descent height but, it was only 13 or 14" wide he said the one he saw had a 16+ rack and his horns were heavier.

The good thing about it is that he definitely made a clean miss and the deer didn't spook too bad (after the shot he took a couple of hops then, he just casually walked away).

My friend will not be able to hunt w/ me much more because of work so, I am going to hone in on the rub line where he missed the buck. It would be great if I could get two 8pts this year w/ my bow.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote