Find
Notify
Tools

Single pin sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
I want to go to a single pin sight on my Drenalin. I have looked at the vital gear, tru glo and trophy ridge. What other models do you gentlemen recommend that I consider?

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just put a King Cobra from Cobra on my PSE. Works great has two feet of rapped fiber. Made of machined metal making it sturdy.

I miss hunting in B.C.

Posts: 84 | Location: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive, Pendulum Guide Series with the LED kit. It's everyting I could ask for.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I bought a sight for my new Switchback XT rescently and after a long time looking at many diff sights, this was one of my favorite 1 pin:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Produc..._400014000_400-14-11

I debated whether to go 1 pin or three as I've always used 1 pin.

I decided to go with a Toxonics 3 pin instead. The HHA is nice, I've shot a bow with one. You can adjust the range on the front of the sight, but it's much faster with a three pin set-up of course.

I was looking for a sight that was very bright and light weight. The thing I disliked about most of the sights was the obstructions to the field of view due to the small opening or large pins. The Tox had small blades, very bright pins, and a descent sight window. I'm glad I went with it.

Good Luck,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hha very tough and scope compatible.5 ft fiber optic.you can see that pin in the moon light.

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I like the vital gear 3 pin myself. I have the one with the curved pins coming off the side. Not much for a one pin sight.
I have thought about getting the Drenalin, but I just like my Switchback to much.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the Angular Single Pin Starlight from Vital Gear http://www.vitalgear.net/singlepin-bow-sights.php
I removed the adjustment locking lever to allow easier access to arrows and eliminate one more potential "noise feature". The tension on the slide allows for easy and positive adjustment, with no slipping. The angular pin setup allows me to see more of the vertical on the target, and makes the pin more prominent to my eye. May not suit some, but I certainly like mine.

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys! As soon as I get caught up at work I will have to check out what is on the self in Jackson.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I strongly agree with 2dogs.

Posts: 87 | Location: lehigh co. pa. | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HHA no doubt. I also like Impact but search archery web forums and HHA will lead the pack.