Find
Notify
Tools

SHOOT-THROUGH NET
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted
We have closed boar hunting during 2 months. Not the law but our common decision so as to offer some quiteness to the fauna.
Now boarhunting is beginning and there are plenty of hogs. I shot one saturday, but with the rifle. The farmers are complaining because we let too many boars breeding and thus ruining the fields and the pastures. We have broken sort of a local record.
Three months ago I caught a nasty virus in Africa (not Aids) and for the moment I cannot climb the trees.
I have to make ground stands.
Cutting a couple of branches and pitching them into the ground as a natural screen is correct but I’d like to use a SHOOT-THROUGH net, a camo one if possible.
Has somebody a hint about where to buy this sort of net? It’s the one used to make the windows of the blinds. My doghouse is too bulky and too heavy. Frowner
Thanks

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can buy very fine mosquito netting at most sewing stores and outdoors stores. In Calgary campers village comes to mind...I know you arent in Calgary!

I assume it's just to help break up your outline that you want the net.

I hang pine branches over a cross piece to break up my sillouete while bowhunting. Any leafy branch would also work especially if you use a firearm.

the chef