New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowtech or Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need some advice. My son wants a compound bow and I found a barely used bowtech realmX for 500. Still looks new.its just the bow. I got a spothogg 5 pin sight already. Just need a rest, stabilizer, andquiver. Which is no biggie. Or buy a new Bear for 419. It's adjustable kind like the diamond edge. Comes ready to hunt. Wich would you pick? I'm leaning towards the Realm X. My son is 16. I'm a big guy so he's big to. About 5ft 10inches. About 240. So he's fairly grown. He still gots a few years to grow. The realm X draw length is 25-31 inch I remember right. Thanks Chris.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I’m a Matthews guy, but given the options you have, I’d go with the Bowtech. Bear makes good bows, but not in the same class as a premium Bowtech.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can’t give you a good answer to your question. Having a bow that fits properly is critical to accuracy. I’d encourage you to have him go to a pro shop, get measured to determine draw length and shoot a few used or new bows to find the right bow. Additionally, some guys (including me in the past) think you need lot of pull weight to effectively bow hunt. They buy 70# pull or heavier bows and struggle with them. A 60# pull bow will kill anything in North America. Good luck.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote