THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bludgers on small/medium game

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bludgers on small/medium game
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of James Walker
posted
My friend recently purchased some rubber cork like arrow heads and we were wondering if he shot small/mediun game with them, if it would kill it or wound it or what. Any ideas?

Posts: 40 | Location: South Africa. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
I've killed ALOT of rabbits/coons/opossums etc with the big rubber blunts. I also use 357 cases epoxied on the end of wood shafts...works GREAT and are CHEAP!!!

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot a turkey last weekend with one of the Montec small game heads.Did not penetrate well at all and though I had a good blood trail for about seventy-five yards I never did recover the bird.Later I shot another with a Muzzy three blade and it went less than ten yards.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not enjoyed great success with blunts when it comes to small game. My preference is for the game nabber or for the small game head. I want to penetrate what I am shooting at. I also normally use a flu flu as it slows the arrow down some and allows for an easier recovery.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For small game I like to use judo points. Good initial penetration and shocking power and the springs will slow down the arrow enough to prevent pass throughs or lost arrows in the grass. The springs tend to grab the grass and flips the arrow up instead of sliding under the grass to be lost.

http://www.sherwoodparkarcherylanes.com/Products/tabid/...RID/164/Default.aspx

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote