THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bowhunting Africa - Is a License Necessary?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowhunting Africa - Is a License Necessary?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does one need a license to get a bow with broadheads into Africa? I'll be hunting South Africa. Are there other administrative issues I need to be away of transporting a bow to Africa?

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
For some reason I often see bow cases come through to the SAPS office in Joburg with the rifles. I don't know if this is because of airline regs or local regs. Perhaps someone local can elaborate?

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The are no regulations when it comes to bringing a bow, arrows and broadheads to and from South Africa.

You need to get and deliver your bow trough the SAPS office in Joburg because it is handled and transported as a weapon, and they just control it sometimes to make sure you have no firearm or anything else illegal in the bow case.

No paper forms or licenses needed.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took a bow to South Africa last July and did not go through SAPS office in JoBurg. I grabbed my bow and left.
I am headed there again in July.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No license needed for bow/arrow hunting in RSA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
many times they end up in the saps office because a bow case looks a lot like a gun case. I have had to go to the saps office to get my bow before.I will be back in Africa with my bows again this summer. When I check in at the airport the gate agent many times makes sure I take the bow case for inspection at the TSA office, there is no special permit or license for most countries. A 4457 form to show is always helpful.

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote